UNIVERSITY OF NORTH BENGAL
RAJA RAMMOHUNPUR, P.O.
NORTH BENGAL UNIVERSITY,
DIST. DARJEELING, West Bengal 734013
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF ONE JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (JRF) Under DST-Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) Project at Department of Food Technology, University of North Bengal
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the position of one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in DST-SERB, Govt. of India Funded Project entitled “Production of functional pickle by probiotic strain isolated from plant based fermented foods”, under supervision of Dr. Kriti Ghatani (Principal Investigator, SERB Project), Assistant Professor, Department of Food Technology, University of North Bengal, Dist. Darjeeling, PIN: 734013.
No. of Post: One (JRF)
Essential Criteria for Eligibility: A good academic record with M.Sc. Degree in Microbiology / Biotechnology/ Food Technology with at least 55% in M. Sc with valid NET/ GATE qualification.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on date of application (relaxable as per norms of Govt. of India).
Fellowship: @Rs. 31000/- p.m. for 1st & 2nd year, and Rs. 35,000/- pm for 3rd year plus admissible HRA(For NET qualified candidates) and Rs 18,000/-pm for Non-NET candidates as per the rules of DST-SERB.
Tenure: Maximum three years or till the termination of the project (May change subject to availability of fund from the sanctioning authority).
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to send application duly signed by the applicant with a cover letter, detailed biodata (with passport size photograph and duly signed), and all self-attested testimonials regarding proof of date of birth, caste, educational qualifications (certificates and mark sheets from class 10th onwards), research experience, employment (temporary/permanent) (if any), etc. as a single file in PDF format as an attachment with subject of the E mail marked as “Application for JRF in SERB Project” at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org addressing Dr. Kriti Ghatani, Principal Investigator, SERB Project, Department of Food Technology, University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohunpur, Dist. Darjeeling, PIN:734013 by 18th February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview through e-mail only. It is mandatory that during physical appearance before the selection committee on the day of interview all such testimonials along with original copy of application and cover letter have to be brought for verification. Sending the same by post is optional after soft copy communication.
Telephone and Email for Correspondence: Ph. No. +91-7679409158/+91- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions:
1. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project and the total duration of the project is 3 years.
2. All the certificates have to be brought in original for verification.
1. The date of interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates.
2. The University reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
3. Mere possession of minimum qualification shall not make a candidate selected to the post.
4. The progress of the candidate will be evaluated on half yearly basis and continuation will be extended subject to the satisfactory performance.
5. The successful candidate will have to carry full time work directly under the Principal Investigator at a place desired by him if selected.
6. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
Dr. Kriti Ghatani Dr. Dilip Kumar Sarkar
Principal Investigator Registrar
University of North Bengal
To Get All Updates from helpBIOTECH, Subscribe Now by Email